So I have been on a major sewing kick these last few weeks and I have been getting many projects done which has been so great. The first one that I accomplished was this quilt that I started for Maddie when I was pregnant with her. I have always made a quilt for my babies to come home with but because Maddie was a month early I never got her quilt finished. I had many of the squares already sewn in strips and I didn't really have that much to finish. So I dug it out of my sewing stuff and finally completed it now that she is almost 4 1/2. I guess better late than never. She was really excited to get it and I am almost glad that she got it now as I know she really loves it! The picture doesn't show it too well but some of the fabric has glitter on it!
Then my life has sunken SO low that I have been sewing doll clothes. Yep you read it, doll clothes. Actually it has been kinda fun using up some of my remnants as they don't take a whole lot of material. This is a coat and bonnet made of fleece.
This is a slip and little panties with lace trim, their really cute!


And here is a dress and bonnet that I made. I also made a smaller version for one of Maddie's dolls and the bonnet was a bugger to sew. I don't think I'll go there again! So now you know what I have been doing to stay sane during the Christmas Break. I locked myself in my craft room and created away!
And here is a dress and bonnet that I made. I also made a smaller version for one of Maddie's dolls and the bonnet was a bugger to sew. I don't think I'll go there again! So now you know what I have been doing to stay sane during the Christmas Break. I locked myself in my craft room and created away!

2 How'd I do?:
So cute! You have not stooped to a new low. I bet your girls hold you on a pedestal for doing that. My mom used to do stuff like that for us too and I loved it. That blanket is also really, really cute.
My mom not only made doll clothes but she made all of our clothes. We weren't fashionable but we were dressed "With Love By Mom" (that's what the tags said)!
Post a Comment