Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some other things I have been working on since school started...

So I have been keeping myself busy with all the girls being at school at least 3 times a week. My brother gave me this bench which I thought had such potential in being much cuter than it is presenting here.
I took some of my scrap papers I had laying around from layouts that I had done and cut them all into 3 in squares and decoupaged them to this cute little bench and this is how it turned out. I think it is SO fun, I have it up in my scrap area and just so happens to sit at the top of the stairs and I see it EVERY time I walk up the stairs. It just makes you cheerful!



The girls have been using it for there doll bed on the inside, they think it's their secret hideout!

Next I was browsing at the DI and came across this nasty shelf that I thought had great potential for my scrap area. I thought for $4 I couldn't by the wood myself and put it together so I thought it was worth it.




I took it home and cleaned and sanded it, put a coat of brown spray paint on it and...




Tah Dah, this is what it looks like now! I also lined the back with some scraps I had lying around. I think it looks great and it fit the spot I had just perfect!











6 How'd I do?:

Kim Davis said...

Brittney, I am so impressed. You truly have a talent.

Meredith(The Mom) said...

These are wonderful. You are so talented. It is nice to keep up with your family.

Jessica said...

SUPER CUTE!! I love your projects.

Kristi M. said...

Great job! I love it. I am always on the lookout at thrift stores or yard sales for things that I can transform. They look awesome. I am jealous of that shelf because I need one like that for my bathroom. :)

alli said...

You are my craft hero! Did you make that stuff on ebay too?

Unknown said...

Wow, these are great! I think the trunk/toy box is fabulous! I love doing makeovers with scrapbook paper. Here from the Creative Chic Parade.

~ The Speckled Dog