Sunday, July 19, 2009

We've got kittens!!

I know I have blogged about this wonderful kitten that adopted us sometime in Nov. Well we hadn't been able to afford to get her fixed and by the time we could she was already pregnant so she finally had her babies. John was gone to the ward father and sons camp out and on Saturday morning she was ready to have her kittens. We got to watch as the gave birth to these cute little things. She had 4 kittens in about an hours time.
Here are the 1st 2

And here she is with all 4. Notice her paw over her face like"Oh, what have I done!"
The funny part of this story is, is that she didn't just have 4 she had 6. After all of the excitement of the morning I went around the house looking for any "damage" that may have happened with having a cat delivering and low and behold I found a spot of fluid on the floor of my craft room. She has been known to lounge on my chair and by the location of the spot she very well could have jumped off the chair and left behind some fluid but the next day (Sunday) Lacey was looking all over for mama kitty because her kittens were meowing and Lacey thought they must be hungry she couldn't find her anywhere. As I was sitting in my craft room I noticed she came out of a box of material that I have underneath my table which I had never seen her there before. I thought if she had been back there then maybe she started her labor back there the day before so out of curiosity I pulled the box out to make sure there was no mess to clean up and as I pulled it out I saw 2 more kittens that she had birthed behind the box. I wasn't sure at first if they were alive as she was with the other 4 majority of the day on Saturday and they were born 1st. As I pulled on the piece of material that they were on the meowed and moved and sure enough they were alive. I couldn't believe they had been back there a whole day and we didn't even realize it. We ended up with 4 black and 2 gray. 3 girls and 3 boys. The girls have had nothing but fun with them since they joined our family!
Anyone want an adorable kitten? They should be ready for new homes about August 20th.


0 How'd I do?: