Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Snake River Stampede

When John and I were first dating we went to SO many rodeos I can't even remember. We went to the Stampede and took Kaydee and Gregory with us when they were not even 2 years old. There were so cute but since we have had children together we have only been once when Bailey was about 18 mos old and because we either couldn't afford it or we were busy during the time we haven't been since. The girls all earned free tickets by reading 20 min a day so since we only had to pay for us we thought we would go. We had a pretty good time. Here is the Posseettes doing their routine
Then they had mutton busting which is the little kids riding sheep. John and I really enjoy this. The little kids are so cute! Here they had a little bull fighter. He was 6 years old and really did a good job. I guess it helps that his dad is a bullfighter.


Here they were presenting the girls in the running for rodeo queen and all the sponsors of the event


I really love this picture. It was during the national anthem. I just might have to enter this in the fair!






This is a picture of the pink bull. It was tough enough for pink night which is all about breast cancer awareness and raising money for free mammograms, if the cowboy who picked this bull rides the whole 8 seconds they will give him $1000 and he was going to donate it to the cause! Pretty fierce looking bull!





Here is Gizmo the rodeo clown. He's the one who's supposed to keep the crowd entertained while there is slack time. He' s pretty funny!





There was steer wrestling also known as bull dogging






A stage coach race



Kodie was totally into the action and asking all sorts of questions. I was so glad she sat next to John so he could answer all her questions.



There was barrel racing which is my favorite. I secretly would love to try this someday!



One of the stagecoaches lost it's rear axle in the 2nd race


Crowning of a new rodeo queen


And bull riding. Here is the cowboy attempting to ride the pink bull. Unfortunately he didn't make it to the 8 seconds. There was actually only 1 cowboy that road the whole 8 seconds on a bull that night, pretty lame really!



The girls on the fountain outside the Idaho Centre at 11:00 at night


Some look all worn out and some look like they got their second wind!
It was a great night and the girls were really pretty good!














0 How'd I do?: