Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4th of July!!

We started out our day going to the Middleton parade. I had to get a picture of the girls in the outfits that I made for them before they got all dirty. As you can tell Lacey was not having any of it!We got SO many looks and compliment on their outfits the girls kinda got tired of it! I thought it was great!
The girls doing snappers while waiting for the parade

Maddie being her goofy self!



She is just so entertaining!


After the parade we decided that we would go out to Homedale for their redneck 4th of July celebration. They have a demolition derby and my redneck husband could not say no to that.


They move broken cars around with these big tractors




Here are the girls dying in the 100+ weather that our bodies just were not used to at all!







This car started on fire










This car drove up on the barriers down in front of us. That was pretty exciting.














Here is a big old crash




While we waited for the next events to start they had wheelbarrow races. This was pretty funny!





Even the guys from the National Guard got in on the action! At the end of the race the other guy just dumped him out, it was hysterical




Here is Maddie and her earmuffs to protect her ears


We had a great night even though I thought we were going to burn up and die from the heat. We stayed hydrated and worked through it!














0 How'd I do?: