Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Live Nativity

For the last 3 or 4 years we have been able to attend the live nativity that a couple wards in our stake put on. I love taking the kids through the set up so they get an idea of what it was like when Jesus was born. I also like to show them that this is really the reason that we celebrate Christmas. It was warmer than I thought it would be because there wasn't really any wind but it was still cold. Look at the Rosy red cheeks that Lacey has. She looks so cute!
Waiting for our turn.

There was a camel. A REAL camel. I guess he is 9 years old and he was really good. He let all the people touch him and pet him and he would even kiss you if you let him. I think his name is Clyde.


The Inn where there was no room for Mary and Joseph to stay.



The manger where Jesus was born and the wise men visited him. All the bags were "offerings" for Jesus. They requested that you bring canned goods to donate to the Eagle food bank. Of course the girls were arguing over who would take our bag so they all had to go up.





1 How'd I do?:

alli said...

Great idea to bring your camera! That way the kids can have pictures to remember that cool tradition.