We started our trek at 8:30am so that we could make it to Twin Falls by 11:30. We had the Wheelocks ride with us and that was great to set Johns minds at ease and it made for a quick trip with all the talking! We arrived a little early, stopped at McDonald's to find out they weren't serving breakfast any more. Wheelocks got hamburgers, John and I passed. We arrived at the Temple a little early but all is well! John and Kevan went off to do what they needed and Judy and I went to see about doing initatories while the guys were busy. We did get to sneak 5 in before we were asked to get ready for the endowment and just wait. The Temple was SO busy that day, they had about 8 sealings and a bunch of new endowments. We found out that day was the last day they would be open until the 17th for cleaning so many people were trying to get in there before the closure. The Twin Falls Temple is BEAUTIFUL! The Idaho state flower is the Syringa and they have used that theme throughout from the stained glass to the floors to the wallpaper and it's gorgeous! We had friends join us for the endowments session, Pres. Tanner, Boer's, Wood's, Worthen's, Slade's, Bundy's, and of course the Wheelock's. After the session we were all famished so off to Carino's we went. Boer's couldn't join us as they were busy doing baptisms and getting in some shopping. We had a great time.
On the end are the Bundy's and then the Worthen's
Here is John and Kevan. Kevan was his escort through the temple.
This is Jeff trying to get into the picture and his wife Lisa and LaGrand on the end and his wife was hidden behind Lisa
Here is a better picture of the group minus Lisa the photographer. You can now see Diane too.
After our WONDERFUL lunch we all loaded up just in time for the girls to arrive with our Bishop and his wife along with Eric and Kim Leach. The girls had a great time with Bishop and clan. They ate snacks and watched a movie and had a great time. We were told they were VERY good. At least we've taught them to be good with others!
We arrived back at the Temple to prepare for our Sealing. We had to get dressed all over again and get all the instructions and such for what was to happen.
John and I went into the Sealing room that had lots of our ward family and others who have been there since the beginning of Johns journey. It was SO nice of them to all make it! We had one lone family member, Richard Bevan, my fathers cousin who lives in Twin and serves as a judge there.
We felt very special that these people made the trek to Twin for just a 45 min ordeal to witness our family being sealed for time and eternity.
When the girls were brought in they were all so cute, dressed in long white dresses and all so wide eyed and quite. We knelt as a family and were sealed. It was a very special moment for our family.
So I wanted a quick picture of all of us in white but the ladies from the Temple had the girls changed in a flash. The girls didn't want to get redressed in white for the pictures so we just went with it. John and I did stay in our whites but the girls had their church coats on ready to go. With is being VERY cold and dark out since it was about 7:30 our pictures isn't that great but we got one. Just after this picture was taken a big ole nasty storm came in and by the time John and I were dressed and ready to leave rain was pouring down and the wind violently blowing.
Once leaving the Temple the girls were "starving" so McDonald's we went as it started to snow with the wind whipping around knocking out power. We became a little worried about our trip home but once we got out of Twin things cleared.
We had such an overwhelming day but it was wonderful!

3 How'd I do?:
I am so happy for you guys! I am sure your girls will remember that experience for the rest of their lives too.
I'm pretty much tearing up for this post. Sad because I missed it, but tears because I am so incredibly happy for you! My heart is so full for your family, I can imagine how you must feel. Congrats, Britt. Eternal families are the most treasured blessings on this earth!!
I would have loved to be there. I'm sure it was really wonderful. Being sealed invites a really peaceful spirit into your life. Your family is doing great!
Post a Comment