Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Maddie turns 6!!!


So our little baby has turned 6!  She got to celebrate her birthday at the Oregon Coast (July 29th) and she LOVED it!!  She kept saying how lucky she was to have her birthday at the coast! 

Here she is getting ready to open her present

She was SO excited when she got the Zhu-Zhu pet and accessories she's been asking for, for weeks now!  She was really excited about that!

After spending the day exploring the Oregon Coast Aquarium, the Marine Science Center, and going to the beach we went to a restaurant in Waldport to have a birthday dinner.
We ate pizza, fries and mozzarella bread sticks.  Needless to say we ordered WAY too much food!

Maddie picked out this cake at the Newport Fred Meyer.  I think she was going for our favorite Costco cake but I have to say this one had nothin on Costco's cake!
She made a wish and blew out her candle
We all enjoyed a piece of cake by the fire
Maddie barley able to eat all her cake
This little girl has brought so much joy into our lives!  I can't believe that 6 years has already gone by.  She is SO excited to start 1st grade and eat lunch at school.  She has such a beautiful little spirit about her, a smile adorning her face all the time and a little giggle in all that she says.  We are SO glad that she is a part of our family and we look forward to watching her grow! 
Maddie, daddy and I love you to the moon and back!
****SMOOCH****

1 How'd I do?:

Kristi M. said...

Wow! Your baby is 6 and now all of your kids are in school fulltime. Crazy! I love Waldport. My aunt and uncle have a rental beach house just across the inlet on that part of the beach that jets out into the ocean. We used to go there every 4th of July as kids and go crabbing right there in town. The beach looked so different. They had a huge storm years back that literally took half the beach. Love that area.