Friday, April 24, 2009

A day in the SuN!!

It was the first beautiful day that we had seen in awhile so we decided to take advantage and spend some time in the sun at the park. At Settlers Park in Meridian there is so much to do, you can fish in their little pond, there are huge fields for soccer or football, a water park, a rock climbing area, a traditional playground with slides and monkey bars, an area for swings and an outdoor music area(my favorite!). We knew there was something for everyone and decided to load up the van with fishing stuff and head out. After getting everything set up I sat behind and watched as John prepared all the girls fishing lines and kept a vigilant watch over all their poles for bites.Maddie looks like a professional with her sun glasses and all.
Here John is fixing the line of Kodies pole

All the girls waiting patiently for a bite


Lacey trying to stay out of the wind



Bailey intently watching for her pole to bounce for signs of a fish




And look who catches the 1st fish. Check out the smile on her face!





Here Maddie is reeling in her 1st fish






And Kodie catches another







and another. She made out as the champion with 3, Maddie caught 2 and the rest got skunked! John didn't even bait up his pole he was so busy keeping the girls going. It was really fun to watch and I have to say the most enjoyable time I've had fishing in many, many years!!








I had to get this picture of this pair of ducks that were hanging out on the pond. Here they are both underwater looking for food. I wish I could of got an underwater shot too. It was funny to watch them.

After all the fun fishing we thought we would take part in the park. It was pretty busy as I said it was one of the 1st nice days we have had in awhile. Here is Maddie in the spaceship













Maddie has really mastered the swing this year and will swing for such a long time. She probably stayed on this swing for 30 min and we had to pull her off of it to go home. She pumps her legs like a pro!





Here is Bailey in the music section of the park. This is a huge xylophone, those boards are 1"x6" pieces. It make such great sound.
We had such a great afternoon as a family followed up by the adult session of stake conference that was so uplifting. We had a great day! :)












1 How'd I do?:

Shar Mommy said...

Oh man! You guys are so cute and we miss you so much!!