Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Footprints

So I'll admit I'm not much of a clean freak but when I clean I want it to stay clean. I hate that I have just spent a bunch of time cleaning and then my children trashing it in less time that I spent cleaning. You may ask what significance that has on this picture. The other day I was cleaning the kitchen and Kodie offered to help by mopping the floor. I told her to go right ahead. I was watching her as she was complaining that there were footprints where she had just cleaned. I thought maybe I was to blame as I was still trying to get the kitchen cleaned. I looked over and noticed they were her little foot prints. Now I have been told SO many times that my kids will be grown up before I know it and all too soon I'll be wishing to see all those messes that they make. Fingerprints everywhere, and whatever else they bring along with themselves. When I spotted these footprints I thought I would try and snap a photo so I could remember this time in our lives. Her feet are still pretty small and I have already forgotten how small they were when she was a baby. I know I'll be glad to have this to look back on someday!

1 How'd I do?:

Kristi M. said...

I totally agree with you on the clean forever and it gets dirty instantly. When I was younger my job was to vacuum the front room. It had a burgundy carpet so when vacuumed it had great lines on it. I would vacuum then take off the two entrances because I didn't want anyone to walk on it. Such a great idea to document it. Times pass so quickly.