Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our adventure to the MK Nature center

We enjoyed the afternoon at the MK Nature Center for an outing with the kids this week. I have been trying to do something with them away from the house once a week so it breaks up the monotony so this was it for this week. We started out in the Center with samples of fish and birds, skulls, pelts and foot prints. Very interactive for the kids. Here is Lacey enjoying herself with the animal footprints.All the kids smashed in to take a look at the fish underwater.
You can see the HUGE fish beneath the water and the beautiful waterfall above the water level. The kids just couldn't get enough of the big fish. Tyler says. "I love these fish. Fish are my life." I just had to laugh!
We had the pleasure to see this female deer eating off the trees and then after we spooked her she decided to lay low within the trees. That was definitely a special treat for all of us. This deer chooses to be here, she is not fenced in at all!
After all the fun at the Center we went and had a bit to eat at the adjacent park. The kids ate and then played on the playground and had way too much fun. It was all in all a really great outing!
Of course I had the nieces and nephew and we also took along the Haudes to show them one more great thing about Idaho!

2 How'd I do?:

Jessica said...

I didn't even know about that place. You will have to tell me how to get there.
*I tagged you*

Kristi M. said...

Wow! It has been quite a long time since I have been there. I really like that comment from that little kid about fish are my life. That was pretty funny.