Monday, April 14, 2008

Avimore Open House

Well, we finally got to see what all the hype is about in Eagle with the Avimore project! They had a big open house on Saturday the 12th with fun kids stuff, basque dancers and booths. It is very weird for me to see all the stuff going on because for all my growing up life the land was farm land that was just an open area on the way to Horseshoe Bend. It looks a little out of place but I am sure when it is all done it will be a great place. It is really pretty how it is surrounded by rolling hills. Waiting in what seemed like a never ending line for FREE food! We ended up waiting 1 1/2 hours for lunch. We met some great people who just moved from Nevada and chatted the time away!

We saw the Basque Oinkari Dancers and the girls were just in Awh over that.
Sheep hearding demo with border collies. Very interesting to see how the dog reacts by the way she blows her whistle. Wish I could control the kids like that!
Our little puppy Bailey
Our black kitty Maddie
Our white kitty Lacey
And another black kitty, Kodie. They all got their faces painted and had fun looking at all the fun stuff around. They had hot air balloons early in the morning and tethered rides after the launch. I heard it was really fun! We also climbed around the big pond and looked around the area from the top look out. We had such a fun day, and did I mention it was to nice not to have to deal with diapers or strollers? Life is Grand!!


1 How'd I do?:

Kristi M. said...

We have friends that went to the balloon launch in the morning. Such a fantastic day to be out.