Sunday, February 3, 2008

Laying to rest a Prophet...


Yesterday we layed to rest a wonderful Prophet of our time. We have now closed the chapter of the 15th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and are now looking forward to opening the door to a new Prophet. I think about our history and can't believe that there have only been 15 Prophets until now. I have been alive for 34 years and we have had 3 prophets and by the time I die we will probably have 5 or 6 in my lifetime. That seems amazing to me! Gordon B. Hinkley was a great man with a wonderful sense of humor that caught people off guard all the time but you always looked forward to what he was going to say. For the past 4 years now he has mourned the loss of his wife whom he has now been rejoined with and I am sure is happy as ever joking around with her. I am blessed to have been touched by the lessons he taught us and the things that Heavenly Father wants us to live by. Farewell!!

1 How'd I do?:

NT Weekes Family said...

I was actually thinking about that the other day.. how many prophets do I remember since I have been born. I can say... lol, not as many as you Brit.! :o) Butt,I still LoVe you! and the church is still TRUE! :o>