Friday, August 31, 2012

A Little 4-H Candy Making

As a 4-H leader I had chosen to be in charge of Candy Making this summer.  So I picked a couple days and we got it all finished.  

Here is Maddie with the cream cheese mints we tried that didn't work out so well.  I think they needed WAY more powdered sugar that we put in.  They seemed to be a little soft.  It was a good learning experience though!

Here is Kodie's tootsie rolls that she made.  They got to roll our the mixture and cut them to size.  

Here are Lacey's looking a little like dog turds.
They did say they tasted REALLY good though!

As you can see Bailey didn't have a whole lot of luck with her cream cheese mints.

I had 3 of 6 kids in our group get best of show on their candy at the fair.  They did a GREAT job!!

1 How'd I do?:

Shar Mommy said...

I love the turd comment! And, how beautiful is that picture of Bills!! My goodness she is growing up fast (well, they all are).