Friday, July 1, 2011

Hells Canyon camp trip

So we went on a little camp trip to Brownlee Reservoir in Hells Canyon.  It was as always beautiful!  The weather was amazing and we had such a good time!  We fished even when the fish weren't biting, we ate smores, we met new friends, woke up with the sun and went to bed way after the sun.  Here are a few shots of what we saw when we were there.

Our first night looking out at the reservoir from our camp spot

We drove down to Oxbow but this is the spillway at Brownlee damn.  The girls thought it looked like an over sized water slide.


On our drive the girls spotted these wild mustang.  I wish I had a better zoom on my camera, they were so beautiful!

We had so much fun!  Our next adventure will be Utah at the end of July, we're all SO excited!!

2 How'd I do?:

Kristi M. said...

Last time I was in that area, Jeff and I were camping near Brownlee and had to try and set up a tent and cook dinner in horrible wind. We decided to sleep in the Explorer and woke up with two flat tires on the same side! We then had to some how find someone that was willing to help us.These super kind people from McCall ended up driving us to Halfway, OR and back to fix the flats. It was a crazy ordeal and that was about 8 years ago. Your trip may have given me the courage to want to venture out there again someday.

Heatherlyn said...

I had no idea that we had wild mustang in Idaho. How cool is that? :)