For Kodie's field trip we started out at Kathryn Albertsons park. I was about 10 min. ahead of the bus arriving so I took advantage of the quit and took some pictures of the deer that were roaming in the park. I couldn't believe that right in the middle of the city there were 4 doe in the park.
Here is Kodie in front of the big pond. She was so fun to watch as she explored the nature around her.
We saw lots of little goslings all around, they were SO cute!
I spotted this BEAUTIFUL tree on our stroll through the park.
A Sand hill Crane was spotted on the edge of the pond.
Here is the worlds largest Ponderosa. The girls thought it was fun to climb up and get a picture with the big slice of tree.
Thought this was cute how the girls wanted a picture by the rocks.
Then it was off to the MK nature center. We had a good little discussion about habitat and such in their classroom and then it was off to explore.
Kodie loved how you could see the fish swimming through the window.
They had this adorable owl bench and the girls just couldn't resist getting their picture taken as little owls. Aren't they cute?!

1 How'd I do?:
Baby gosslings are the cutest!! OK, so Jeremy works right smack downtown in the Washington Group Plaza (is that what it is still called) and there are deer ALL the time--dozens of them sometimes--right in the middle there with cars going by and everything. They mostly stick to the grassy parts. We've also seen a fox several times. I think it is wonderful to live in a place where there is still some coexistant nature!!
I have pictures of my kids by that glass fish wall thing at the nature center. Wow. Kids grow up fast! Super fun!
Post a Comment