Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break!!!

Well our Spring Break started out a little rocky.  We had been planning on going to McCall but for unforeseen circumstances with our friends little girls getting admitted into the hospital with pneumonia we decided for for go McCall and stay in town.  I'm kinda glad we did because the weather on Thursday and Friday totally made it worth it!!

So with our change of plans we started our fun on Tues and the girls and I went to The Justin Bieber Movie.  The 2 little ones were over the top, Lacey was trying to contain herself because she doesn't want anyone to know she actually does like JB and Bailey, well she has never had any interest and was just along for the ride.


Here is Lacey and I in our 3-D glasses
Kodie and the neighbor girl being a goof in their 3-D glasses.

On Wednesday I decided to take them out to lunch.  I didn't get a picture of this but we went to Taco Time which we have to do without dad because he doesn't like it.  We enjoyed ourselves and then went to the library for minute to win it.  The girls gad a little bit of fun but were a little disappointed that the games were too hard for them and all the big kids won the prizes.  They did have fun trying all the games out thou!


On Thursday we were expecting fabulous weather.  We decided to go thrift store shopping for a little while.  The girls scored pillow pets for $1.99, they were pretty excited about that!  We stopped by grandmas for a little visit and then we needed to hit the grocery store for milk and hamburger buns.  We decided to pick up some sub sandwiches and go to the park to kill time before we went to the nursery for a seed planting thing for kids.

 
Here they are having lunch.  See that sunshine?  Hope it comes back soon!!
 
After finding some of our friends the moms and I chatted and the kids played for about 2 hours.  I was LOVING the sun on my face!!
 
Off to the nursery we went...


Here they are listening about what they needed to do.


 While we were waiting for the class to start we walked through a couple of the green houses and look what I found...
So beautiful and a sign that summer is not too far away!!!

Friday it was all about playing in the sunshine!!  We have two new families in the neighborhood and the girls have made some new friends.  It was warm enough that the girls put on their swim suits, put the sprinkler under the trampoline and jumped away.  I sat outside when they wanted to play with sidewalk chalk and play with the hula hoops and hammered nails into wood.  We had a great day that ended with the baptism of our old neighbors. 

We had a pretty great Spring Break considering how it started out.  I was determined to have fun no matter what!!

1 How'd I do?:

Heatherlyn said...

I loved the weather during spring break! I would like it to come back soon. I would like nice Spring weather to last a few months, too. :)