Saturday, May 8, 2010

13 years today...

Thirteen years ago today I met my sweet husband!  It all feels a little like fate, I was sitting in a bar with my mother and my cousin recuperating from a bout of throwing up the night before.  My cousin had come into town because she was having issues in her marriage and I had split up with my now ex-husband just 6 weeks before.  I had moved out of my house back in with my parents and had become a bit of a recluse.  I worked, came home, ate a little and went to bed.  My mother kept trying to get me out to avoid any sort of depression.  As I see it now, I wasn't depressed just trying to figure out my new place in life, 23 and about to be divorced.  I felt like such a failure at the time!  I was sitting at the bar discussing all the things in life with my cousin when after a few hours, after playing basketball, horse shoes and learning to play darts, the man that is now the love of my life walked through the door.  At the time I was SO far from looking for a relationship with someone when I needed to figure out my relationship with myself.  He walked in, bought me a drink, and low and behold my mother already knew him.  He apparently had worked at the bar for a short time and since I had never been in that bar before that day I had no idea!  He had also worked at the bowling alley my brother was on a league at.  So my whole family knew him way before I did!  After a few weeks of spending EVERY night together I knew he was something special.  It turned out he had just had his divorced finalized 3 days before we met.  He had an 18 month old little boy with his ex-wife who I later came too love!  It later turned out that the throwing up was due to an allergic reaction to jalapenos.  And now I haven't had a lot of problems with them.  Now that we have been together after 13 years things are just getting better every day!  I just took a little 3 day trip to Utah and I missed him so much when I was gone.  I am SO glad that after all this time things are really great with us!  Our 4 little girls are getting so much easier and a lot more fun to hang out with as they get older.  We are really in a good place, and I wouldn't change a single thing!  Baby, I still love you after all these years!

1 How'd I do?:

Kristi M. said...

I loved reading about how you guys met and to see where you guys are now is incredible. You guys are both great!