So we went to the Hyde Park Fair for my 30th time this year. When I was growing up we lived just down the street from where this celebration was born. When we were kids it was in the street but because it has grown right along with the traffic they moved it out of the street quit awhile ago. I have to say if you live in quaint Star and your used to life here it is total culture shock! I have to say the girls had SO much to look at and if you know Kodie at all she always has a comment and it's usually voiced pretty loudly. The first thing they couldn't believe was all the skin hanging out, they all commented on how inappropriate it was to dress like that. Secondly they saw a girl with RED and I mean RED hair. The other thing we saw all too much of was same sex relationships that aren't afraid to flaunt their relationship. It was quit and eye opening experience for them. I have lived in the Northend many years of my life and know all about their liberal views but it was a great opportunity to teach my children to make better choices and just because someone else chooses something different doesn't mean their bad people they just don't make the same choices we would.
We got a kick out of this HUGE dog. They should just spray that dog red and call him Clifford.
Kodie enjoying the belly dancing

Here is Bailey laying on the grass enjoying all that was going on around her.
Lacey getting bored from "sitting for too long"
Here is Bailey laying on the grass enjoying all that was going on around her.

1 How'd I do?:
I love that dog. You start comparing it to the people around it and realize that it is really big! One day we will make it there. We always have so many conflicts around the same time.
Post a Comment