At Eagle Elementary they had a spelling bee tonight and Bailey qualified to compete so we loaded up the family after a jam packed day to watch her. Here are her and Maddie chillin' before her turn to go.
Here she is spelling her first word in a group of about 30 different kids and she got it correct! My heart was pounding for her just hoping she wouldn't get nervous and blow it.
Here she is after 4 Rounds of words and almost loosing but because the girl that was left with her spelt her word wrong they had to pull the last 4 disqualified kids back up to spell again. The first 3 misspelled their word, the 4th got hers right then it was Bailey's turn. I was so nervous for her I barely remember the words she spelt but this one was generosity and she got it right. There was one girl left and she spelt her word wrong so now there back down to 2 girls. The other girl went 1st and spelt her word wrong so all Bailey had to do was spell her word right. She gets her word, and I honestly don't even know what the word was now, she spelt it right and she WON!!

She got an engraved Websters Dictionary and a $10 gift certificate to Cold Stone. She was so proud of herself she was just beaming!! John and I were so proud we were crying, we couldn't believe our little girl won!
She got an engraved Websters Dictionary and a $10 gift certificate to Cold Stone. She was so proud of herself she was just beaming!! John and I were so proud we were crying, we couldn't believe our little girl won!

6 How'd I do?:
That is SO awesome! Congrats Bailey! I would be so incredibly proud.
Great Job Bailey!!! Spelling Bee's are scary. I'm glad she is doing so well at Eagle. Have a great day!
Way to go Bailey! What an accomplishment!
Hurray for Bailey! I knew there was at least one smart person in your family. :o) She would probalby kick my trash to the kirb in seconds.
Good job Bailey!
GO BAILEY!! Nice to know someone is following in my footsteps! LOL!
Post a Comment